When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect Personal Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies – are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files – track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, shipping address, email address.
How we use Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices/receipts and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (inline with your chosen preferences).
We use the information that we collect to improve and optimise the Site by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
Sharing your data with other parties
We use PayPal and Mailchimp to gather your Personal Information, as described above. You can read more about how PayPal uses your Personal Information here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev. And more about how Mailchimp uses your Personal Information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations protect our rights.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website for more information: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Honest Publishing refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined at the end of this policy.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights you can do so via email, at the following address: [email protected], or alternatively you can write to us at: Honest Publishing Ltd, Unit 1B, Clapham North Arts Centre, 26-32 Voltaire Road, London, SW4 6DH.
Can I find out what personal data Honest Publishing holds about me?
At your request, we can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- The purpose of the processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of us or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
All requests must be made in writing and be made clear that it is a subject access request. Upon receiving your request Honest Publishing may require you to provide ID to confirm your identity.
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children or send requests for personal information. Although visitors of all ages may navigate through our website, we do not intentionally collect personal information from those who are under the age of sixteen. If, following a notification by a parent or guardian, or discovered by other means a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on this site by false information we will remove the child’s data from our records immediately.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail using the details provided below:
Honest Publishing Ltd
Unit 1B, Clapham North Arts Centre
26-32 Voltaire Road